[Sigia-l] List Moderation

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Tue Jan 21 10:50:58 EST 2003

Because of recent flames, I have made this list moderated.  Believe me, I
regret this more than you.  This will mean delays in posts getting
approved, but I think it is necessary.

Below are guidelines for the time being, subject to change.

Dick Hill
------------------------
Please observe the following rules when sending messages to the list. If
you have any questions about whether or not
something is appropriate, feel free to contact the list moderators prior to
posting.

    1.Avoid negative comments about any individual. If there is a problem
with someone on the list, then e-mail that person
      directly. Also, avoid mention of any names if the associated comment
is not positive.
    2.Do not include any foul or obscene language on any message sent to
the list.
    3.Excessive negative generalizations will not be tolerated.
    4.Do not send any chain letters, virus warning letters, or any other
type of "pass it on" e-mail under any circumstances to
      the list.
    5.Do not forward private e-mails to the list.  It is OK to copy part of
a message that has appeared on the list, but it is not
      permitted to copy or forward part or all of a message that someone
sent to you off-list.
    6.Stick to the topic of Information Architecture.
    7.Every e-mail should have added value/substance. "Me too" mail without
added value is not acceptable.
    8.If you are receiving the digest form of this list, please do NOT
allow copies of the digest to appear in any of your posts.
      You may selectively cut and paste relevant portions of a given post
to include in your post, but including the entire
      digest is not allowed.
    9.Please make sure that the subject line matches your post. If you are
taking an existing discussion off on a specific
      tangent, make sure the subject line reflects the change in
conversation direction.
   10.Please do not send attachments to the list.

Executive Director
American Society for Information Science and Technology
1320 Fenwick Lane, Suite 510
Silver Spring, MD  20910
FAX: (301) 495-0810
PHONE: (301) 495-0900