[Sigia-l] Integrating New Topics into Advanced Search Screen

Mary Taylor mtaylor at saclibrary.org
Thu Jan 16 19:42:57 EST 2003

Greetings Fellow List Member,

The website I manage has received grant funding for a second year, so we
are in the process of digitizing items relating to agriculture. The
original focus of the project was on transporation (so we had topics
such as railroads and aviation), so we are now faced with redesigning
our Advanced Search screen
(http://www.sachistoryonline.org/category/advanced.cfm) in order to add
on these new agriculture related topics (such as ranching or land
management/irrigation). The major dilemma for the project is whether to
integrate these two separate content groups (each has a set of digital
images, catalog records, and educational materials) into one search
screen (which would allow for combining transportation and agriculture
topics) or maintaining two separate search screens for each one.  Anyone
with thoughts on the subject.

Best,

Mary Taylor

Project Manager | Sacramento History Online
http://www.sachistoryonline.org