[Sigia-l] errors & omissions insurance for IAs

Kathleen Klein kathleen at kleininfodesign.com
Tue Jan 14 22:16:39 EST 2003

Hi
A new contract with a large high-tech client requires that I carry $2
million in errors and omissions coverage. This seems to be a cookie-cutter
contract more suited to companies that write software, rather than sole
proprietor information architects like myself.

Do my fellow IAs carry such insurance? If so, at what level of coverage? I'd
appreciate suggestions on agents to contact for bids, or strategies to use
in getting the insurance limits lowered or getting that clause removed from
the contract. I've contacted a couple of agents who question whether I need
such coverage, and estimate it could easily cost $5K or more. I'll compile
if there's interest. Many thanks - Kathleen

Klein Info Design
Information architecture/Web project management
www.kleininfodesign.com
206-781-2615