[Sigia-l] NYC Metrocard Vending Machines

Adam Greenfield adam at v-2.org
Tue Jan 14 01:12:49 EST 2003

>In comparison I found the Metrocard Vending Machines easy to use, fairly
> intuitive, and quick to the point.

*Really*? As someone who has used BART, NYC Metrocards, the New Jersey
Transit vending machines and the Tokyo subway's machines in the past ten
days, I'd agree that the MVM was the best of a bad lot, but that in no way
means they're acceptably good. The reasons have only a little to do with IA
per se, but are definitely user-experience issues.