[Sigia-l] sitepath diagramming - comparing biased views?

Christopher Fahey [askrom] askROM at graphpaper.com
Fri Jan 3 10:54:59 EST 2003

> In Christina's Blueprints for the Web, there is a section on
> developing site path diagrams. In brief, it's an informal
> sketching of which pages/areas/functions different kinds
> of users traverse.
>
> Last question: can we have a show of hands if you've used
> this technique?

{raises hand} All the time! It's a great way to translate linear
use-case scenarios (or, what I call more informally, "success
scenarios") into formal site maps and into branching process flow
diagrams. For example, if every major use-case scenario begins with
"view service plans", then "view service plans" might need to be a major
navigational option. If a bunch of use-case scenarios begin with "log
in", then the resulting diagram might collect this understanding into a
clearly-delineated "authenticated users" section and an
"un-authenticated users" section. Etc, etc...

-Cf

[christopher eli fahey]
art: http://www.graphpaper.com
sci: http://www.askrom.com