[Sigia-l] brief intro

Louise Ferguson lou at louiseferguson.com
Thu Jan 2 13:54:48 EST 2003

I've been lurking since 4 Dec. Nice list.
Tempted to butt in a couple of times, but held my breath ;-).
Let me introduce myself:

Background: I spent ten years in project management in finance systems for
major corporates, further years in technical translation, indexing,
journalism, university lecturing in applied linguistics - while living in
southern Europe - and other communication activities. I recently finished a
masters' degree in HCI in the UK (with Yvonne Rogers and co at Sussex Uni).
I have a particular interest in public sector (healthcare,
e-participation). I'm now freelancing on a range of weird and wonderful
projects for think tanks, process re-engineering outfits and others...and
still hanging in with journalism. Now based in London and recently elected
to the UK council of the UPA, but I feel I've got as many interests in the
IA camp. Some of you may think this weird kind of hermaphrodite should be
in a museum someplace ;-). I also worked in Spain for 9 years, and still
have many interests and contacts there...

Louise

Louise Ferguson
London, UK
lou at louiseferguson.com