[Sigia-l] Raising a Dead Horse

Manu Sharma manu1_1 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 1 17:20:15 EST 2003

Ziya said:

--My statement:...was made on Jan 09, 2002 - 01:29:29 EST
Amazon announced its Q4 2001 results on Jan 22, 2002.

--(1) For historical accuracy and perspective: there was a lot of debate
then about Amazon's reshuffling of its financials...

--(2) This is my last post on this subject.

__________

--Thanks for clarifying that you made the statement prior to Amazon’s
announcement and not in Feb-02 as you earlier stated. I’ll assume this
time the dates are correct.

--I’m aware that Amazon’s profits were calculated on pro forma basis
instead of standard GAAP. Bezos explains the reasoning behind this in the
interview [see link in the previous post:
http://news.com.com/2008-1082-821168.htm]

--Not one to haggle over trivial arguments either.

I’ve been following some of your posts on this list and have always
enjoyed the discussions. I hope to see more of you in the coming year.

Good day!