[Sigia-l] the environment of CMS

Listera listera at rcn.com
Fri Feb 28 18:18:24 EST 2003

"David Heller" wrote:

> The key here is to have a platform for the development of solutions.
> Pre-packaged solutions will fail overall.

Agreed. I'll be happy when vendors begin to think at the level of components
and frameworks, rather than complete packages. This does sound like it'd
lower revenue (and it will in the short run) but it can also expand the
market significantly in the long run. Unfortunately, there isn't much
incentive for longer term planning. So such thinking will most likely come
from smaller and newer players, with far less to lose.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba