[Sigia-l] email management (not completely on topic)

Eric Scheid eric.scheid at ironclad.net.au
Thu Feb 20 14:31:10 EST 2003

On 20/2/03 2:20 PM, "Samantha Bailey" <a2slb at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> *How do you manage your inbox? Is it a to-do-list/tickler file, etc etc or
> exclusively a repository (or something else?).

* I use filters to file lots of junk, including Spam.
* with MS Entourage, I can assign "categories" to contacts in my address
book, and entourage then assigns the same categories to incoming messages
from those addresses. multiple categories can be assigned.
* categories are colour coded, thus messages get colour coded
* messages I want to refer back to later I manually assign the "interesting"
category
* messages which are important I manually assign "important", same for
"urgent"
* messages needing a response from me I flag

* entourage includes a function for building custom views. Thus I can open a
view which displays all messages which are flagged, not replied, important,
urgent, and in the client category. That's my panic list.
* I have other custom views too

* I have sub-folders for clients and for projects, but I'm slack and they
pile up in the in-box. Every now and then I sort by sender and mass-file.

* I try not to use Unread to indicate a status of "must get back to this",
because (a) it attracts my attention and I keep touching it, and (b) every
time I touch it it keeps getting marked as "read", which is bad if it's
important.

e.