[Sigia-l] Reading Group: Google followup

Melissa Riesland riesland65 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 12 11:33:04 EST 2003

We had a great discussion last night about Google
and its influence in worldwide culture and
people's expectations on google as as gatekeeper.

Our next meeting will be Tuesday, April 8th.

This morning I found this interesting article
about Yahoo!, a similar case to Google's Church
of Scientology suit. Here Yahoo! is being sued
for allowing auctioning of inflamatory materials.

M.

--------------------------------
Rights case against Yahoo dismissed

Yahoo Inc. should be held legally responsible for
auctions of Nazi paraphernalia that were once
held on its Web site.

http://www.washtimes.com/business/20030212-9535582.htm

=====
ShhShhShhShhShhShhShhShhShhShhShhShhShhShhShhShhShhShh

"They are subversive. You think they're just sitting there at the desk,
all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution, man. I
wouldn't mess with them."

-- Michael Moore talking about librarians (Buzzflash, March 2002).