[Sigia-l] Well, now we know....

mahons1 at eircom.net mahons1 at eircom.net
Sat Feb 8 12:13:33 EST 2003

>"Most journalists who have made the jump to working online are familiar with the
experience of being told by some black- clad San Francisco hipster that they're
doing everything wrong.

Jesse James Garrett lives in San Francisco, and admits to having a black-only
wardrobe.

What's more, he is an Information Architect, a member of a discipline that has a
reputation for being a preserve of the hipper-than-thou.

So it came as a bit of a shock when he told me that he thinks "journalism still has
more to teach information architecture than information architecture has to teach
journalism."<

hippier than thou??? that explains a lot.....

Rest of the article at: http://www.ojr.org/ojr/technology/1042357331.php

Barry Mahon