[Sigia-l] potential challenge to the dominance of the left nav bar in local navigation

Luca Rosati l.rosati at kelyan.it
Thu Feb 6 03:44:20 EST 2003

The print problem can be now ignored using CSS2, i.e. using a dedicated CSS
for print medium.

That is particularly easy adopting DIV instead of TABLEs for the template,
and making disappear the DIVs containing navigation, images and other
non-content or non-pertinent objects.

With top or left nav, it's possible to use a skip navigation link for screen
reader.
However, I found in any case interesting the James Kalbach argumentations
about the focus of attention.

I recently noticed the various sites are adopting a right hand nav bar, with
or without a top nav bar: for example some templates of MovableType, and the
new Opera site.

Luca