[Sigia-l] tenets, principles, standards (was AIfIA Goals 2004 Survey Result s)

david_fiorito at vanguard.com david_fiorito at vanguard.com
Wed Dec 24 09:36:59 EST 2003

I am not advocating some kind of standards of practice for all IAs to
follow no matter where they work.  I do, however, advocate a clearer more
focused definition of what Information Architecture is and what it is not
so we can do things like develop IA education and training and focus our
collective efforts on the promotion of our more narrowly defined craft.
Right now we seem to be defined as a jack-of-all trades occupation.  IA
needs clarity as a role and a discipline if it is to progress.

Cheers,

Dave