[Sigia-l] We could just use whiteboards instead.

frank.shepard at att.net frank.shepard at att.net
Tue Aug 26 12:30:08 EDT 2003

Hal wrote "Be careful not to equate development process and end product" in
response to the following remark from me: "If the digital tools we have
available aren't good enough for us to work with, then why push them onto
consumers?"

The point here is that the end user will necessarily interact with our product
via digital media and equipment. If this media/equipment is so hard to use
that an upper-level manager can't figure it out, then our efforts to produce a
product for use on this equipment are doomed from the start. It doesn't matter
if our development tools and our end product are unrelated -- they're all
digital and we interact with them via computers. IF being Digital is a
usability problem in itself, then all of our projects are doomed to failure.
And it seems that the argument FOR analog development tools OVER their digital
counterparts often comes close to suggesting that there is an inherent problem
with The Digital.

Frank