[Sigia-l] Web-based project management

Faith Peterson faithp at wideopenwest.com
Sat Aug 23 11:14:46 EDT 2003

You could look at eProject (www.eproject.com). We used the workgroup, not
the enterprise, version, and most team members found it too slow to be
really useful. Document uploads took a long time although I think they've
since added the capability to upload more than one document at a time.
Everyone had another calendaring solution (client used Lotus Notes, other
consulting firm had their own solution) and the client's habitual practice
was to share documents on a file server or via email. So I can't say its
full capabilities were exercised. In the end, it was used primarily as a
repository for final or release-candidate level drafts of various pieces of
documentation. But the obstacles were primarily cultural, not functional, so
possibly it would work better for you.

Faith Peterson
faithp at wideopenwest.com
Schaumburg, IL, USA