[Sigia-l] We could just use whiteboards instead.

Stewart Dean stewart at webslave.dircon.co.uk
Tue Aug 19 03:58:17 EDT 2003

At 19:32 18/08/2003 -0400, Listera wrote:

>But the more important implication here is that somehow we are dealing with
>low-tech problems. Nonsense. We are dealing with complex technological
>problems and the final outcome of all our efforts is a 100% digital,
>technological product. I'm not going to let you forget that.

We are dealing with a human problem. The technology is not important. When
I design an IA i am not thinking about the CMS, SQL calls, what scripting
language will be used or what version of HTML we should use. I abstract out
the inputs and outputs for technical folks and give details of what happens
if you press a button. I listen to technical concerns and have a partly
technical background but all this should not stop the solution being as
human focused as possible. Because I don't mind reading things on screen
doesnt mean the average user is not going to want to print things out.

I would say that my solutions are often roughly 20% digital, 80%
human.  I'm not going to forget about the human element.

Stewart Dean