[Sigia-l] The Interaction Architect Job Title Generator

Listera listera at rcn.com
Thu Aug 7 14:55:07 EDT 2003

"Michael Kay" wrote:

> After clicking several times and passing up a few inventive ones, I ended
> up with "Web Developer." Maybe we should go back to calling anyone who
> builds anything on the web by that title.

Yep, after all the fancy nonsense, there still are just two fundamental
positions: designer and developer.

Incidentally, I'm not crazy about the "web" designation either. A lot of
stuff that happens on the Internet has very little to do with the web. If
you are doing work on a standalone app that gets its data via web services,
are you a "web" developer? Oh well, that brings up the thorny issue of "web
services". When two machine are talking to each other, as is the case with
most of these scenarios, where's the "web" in web services?

Titles are not only misleading, often, they are just silly.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba