[Sigia-l] Are you ready for it?

Listera listera at rcn.com
Tue Aug 5 13:48:40 EDT 2003

"Jeff Lash" wrote:

> So, even for people who agree with this and want it to change might not be
> able to make it change. Of course, we can call ourselves whatever we want,
> regardless of what the official title is, but if the employers and business
> cards don't change, does it really make much of a difference?

Exactly. For example, the nature of a "webmaster" job has changed fairly
drastically, not because people started calling themselves a lot of funny
names during the dotcom era, but because the fundamental nature of the
position/responsibilities has been altered as the web matured. Businesses
essentially need "front-end design" and "back-end development." When all
this proliferation subsides in a few years, that's exactly what they will
still need.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba