[Sigia-l] Re: Tools for Remote Usability Testing (was Re: Where Can You Rent User Testing Labs)

John O'Donovan jod at badhangover.net
Thu Apr 24 13:47:55 EDT 2003

Thanks Mitchell.

I was thinking of Flash for the reason that it does not have firewall issues
but the other tools for use in controlled environments across company
networks and / or where an application can be installed. Also in working
environments where cameras are not possible to setup it is an effective way
to monitor and record user activity.

What I agree with and like about the approach is that making it easier to
test things in this fashion across is useful and will promote broader and
longer feedback and testing. Many of the companies I work with have multiple
offices and it is not easy to get people to a testing location, but they
often have secure dialup and the ability to connect to desktops remotely.

The firewalls problem can be an issue but PCAnywhere, VNC and others can be
easily made to work through a firewall.

Cheers,

jod