[Sigia-l] Facets, Flash, and Fun

Livia Labate liv at livlab.com
Wed Apr 23 22:52:53 EDT 2003

I really like the use of Flash on the Gary Fisher site (unfortunately that
is not something I get to say very often). What I feel lacked in it was a
*real* integration between the Flash and the non-flash part. The Matchmaker
tool is really good, but after narrowing my choices down to 6 bikes, the
almost mandatory pogo-sticking needed to see all the options is just silly.

It shows that the Matchmaker was conceived as a tool but not necessarily in
the context it was needed. It is just *part* of the process of choosing a
bike, not the whole thing. Made me feel like that site was unfinished or
something. The steps you have to take after using the Matchmaker tool are
not supportive of the entire 'choosing a bike' task.

I liked Eric's grade system:
I'd give A for ambition, B- for planning the UX.

- Livia