[Sigia-l] strategy to mocking wireframes?

Eric Scheid eric.scheid at ironclad.net.au
Tue Apr 15 02:10:52 EDT 2003

On 15/4/03 3:48 PM, "Listera" <listera at rcn.com> wrote:

>> I'm at first apt to agree, but then I wonder ... just because the site is
>> primarily information based does that mean access will be primarily in line
>> with the overall structure of that information? (and thus the site gets
>> architectured to support that information structure)
>
> Are you saying that information has inherent structure of its own?

I wouldn't go that far. I'm saying that users often have some concept of how
the constellation of content chunks hang together, which is something we
arrive at via affinity diagrams, card sorting, etc.

>Shouldn't the site architecture be the final abstraction above all?

Why?

What I'm saying is that if you had, say, a pile of content and then
ascertain from users how that information is structured (in their view), you
may well be able to construct something akin to a library of that
information ... yet if you were to ask other questions pertaining to their
context of information retrieval you may well come back with a different
structure.

In both cases the site is the same: an information heavy pile of content,
with nary an suggestion of it being an "application".

Christopher Fahey wrote something relevant in a different thread yesterday:
> I have found that non-IAs sometimes come up with great user-centric ideas
> ("just put a link right there!"), ideas that "real" IAs overlook or rule out
> because of our own biases towards consistency, compartmentalization,
> hierarchies, etc.

e.