[Sigia-l] new Yahoo! search

Boniface Lau boniface_lau at compuserve.com
Tue Apr 8 19:58:22 EDT 2003

> From: sigia-l-admin at asis.org [mailto:sigia-l-admin at asis.org]On
> Behalf Of Christina Wodtke

[...]
> I will say this: almost every conference room at Yahoo has 5.5 as
> its browser: I know it works on that browser at least.

But does it work reliably across systems?

The new Yahoo! search uses cross-domain form - a troublesome
mechanism. Depending on the IE version and the Windows/IE service
packs already applied to a system, cross-domain form may not work. In
that case, users cannot even submit an Yahoo! search.

Thus, Yahoo! search might work with the browser version on the system
in Yahoo! conference rooms but failed on another system with the same
browser version. Having the primary function (search term submission)
depends on a troublesome mechanism is hardly a robust design.

> I think it's you. :)

Wow! When people have problem with your product, the issue is with
them instead of your product. Way to go! ;-)

Boniface