[Sigia-l] STC on IA

Beth Mazur bowseat at bethmazur.com
Tue Apr 8 19:13:49 EDT 2003

Lou's weblog (http://louisrosenfeld.com/home/bloug_archive/000161.html)
prompted me to contact the STC* office and see if they'd publish Mir Haynes'
cover article, "Information Architecture: You Do It, You Just Don't Know It"
for general consumption. I'm pleased to say that they've done just that.
You can get HTML here: http://www.stc.org/news/Info_Architects.asp or
PDF here: http://www.stc.org/news/PDF/Haynes.pdf.

As I mentioned in my weblog, I think this article is mis-titled; Haynes is not
really saying that tech writers are "doing" IA unaware. Also, this article
doesn't include anything new for longtime SIGIA readers. But I think
she is (correctly) pointing out that the skills that make good tech writers
are  a great foundation for (some flavor of) IA work.

Beth Mazur
IDblog: http://idblog.org

* Society for Technical Communication, 25K members, http://www.stc.org
   Conference: STC at 50 (http://www.stc.org/50thConf), 5/18-21, Dallas