[Sigia-l] visual thinking, by rudolf arnheim

Karl Fast karl.fast at pobox.com
Sun Apr 6 21:22:43 EDT 2003

> >  Visual Thinking, by Rudolf Arnheim
>
> What's your interest in it?

It appears to be an early work about the relationship between
cognition and visual perception through representations.

I am generally interested in how people interact with visual
representations/abstractions and how this interaction affects
learning and reasoning about these abstractions.

While the book predates the technology we take for granted, and
thus is probably limited to static representations, I was curious to
see if anyone here had read it and what they thought about it.

You also have a degree in art history and design? Perhaps you we
should designate you the official SIGIA polymath. ;)

--karl