[Sigia-l] Usability Testing comments from Giga

Richard_Dalton at Vanguard.com Richard_Dalton at Vanguard.com
Tue Apr 1 11:27:19 EST 2003

Lyle Kantrovich wrote:
> IA is much less exact and scientific than medicine or artillery.
> Without testing how do you know if you're hitting the mark or how to
> improve your aim?

Agreed.

Does it always have to be that way?

The discipline of Artillery has evolved over hundreds of years from "lets
just aim it generally in the right direction, fire it and adjust our aim"
to "lets work out, based on gun wear, weather, temparature of ammo &
powder, earth's rotation, etc where we should aim - then fire, then adjust
our aim".

Lets stop just aiming in the general direction.

 - Richard Dalton