[Sigia-l] GoogleNews

Coon, Sean SCoon at Datek.com
Fri Sep 27 12:38:50 EDT 2002

"Lou Rosenfeld" wrote:

>I don't know that IAs need to be the people who *create* algorithms,
>and I'm not sure how many of us have the technical expertise to do so
anyway.
>But we should understand algorithms well enough to help *select* the
>most appropriate algorithm(s) for a given situation.

================

IMHO i feel that we (IA's) already work in an optimal fashion. we design
systems based on user/busines goals, driving our conceptual
foundation/deliverables, fueling *applicaple* granular deliverables
(site flows, wireframes, etc.), eventually feeding granular execution on
multiple levels (ui, engineering, etc.).

if we were to apply this generic process to the creation of googlenews,
would we not have had a major hand in it's development? wouldn't a
specific algorithm be developed based primarily on our collaborative
spec work?

-sean

sean patrick coon :: sr. interaction designer :: ameritrade ::
201_761_5540