[Sigia-l] GoogleNews

Challis Hodge challis at challishodge.com
Tue Sep 24 21:20:10 EDT 2002

> That's not to say GoogleNews won't make waves...but I agree with Victor
> that this represents more of an opportunity than a threat to information
> architects.

I too agree. IA has arrived to take the Web to its next level of maturity. I
think we're just entering that phase now. The need exists for strategic IA
including the creation of algorithms, etc. as well as the tedious task of
tagging, labeling and organizing the huge amounts of information into
something usable. This is a huge endeavor and huge opportunity for IA.

It's only after this has been completed that we may begin to think about the
dreams of folks like Ray Kurzweil in their pursuit of true artificial
intelligence and machines working as fast as the human brain. It's
interesting to note the need for IA to achieve true AI.

-challis

Challis Hodge

challis at challishodge.com
847-830-8638
fax 253-295-4700
www.challishodge.com

customer-centered design, technology & business