[Sigia-l] Distributed thesaurus?

Eric Scheid eric.scheid at ironclad.net.au
Sun Sep 22 08:00:20 EDT 2002

From: Lars Marius Garshol <larsga at garshol.priv.no> (22/9/02 9:03 PM)

>This is what topic maps do. You've just described a straightforward
>topic map application. (I call it that because you are restricting the
>association types and probably also the topic types.)

Tell us more about this, specifically the linking of topic maps together.
Most of the obvious links I find for topic maps deals with the internal
self-contained usage scenarios, not interoperability.

Also, are there defined protocols for exchanging chunks of these
topicmap/thesaurus structures, or is it assumed that if I want to examine
your topic map I'll download the whole thing?

e.