[Sigia-l] San Francisco IA Stuff in October; Cocktail Hour, Party, and Workshop

Peter Merholz peterme at peterme.com
Wed Sep 18 14:50:47 EDT 2002

October 2-4
Adaptive Path User Experience Workshop
http://www.adaptivepath.com/events/sfo.phtml

Special guest Bob Slote talk about how visual designers can optimally work
with information architects.

Use the PSIA promotional code (for readers of SIGIA-L) and get a 20%
discount ($956 instead of $1195).

October 3
JJG Book Launch and AP Workshop Party
Thursday, Oct. 3 at 6:00 PM
ThirstyBear Brewing Company - 661 Howard St.

This is an open invitation!

We want to celebrate the release of Jesse James Garrett's new book, _The
Elements of User Experience_, <URL: http://www.jjg.net/elements/ > published
by New Riders. And what better way to mark the occasion than with a cool,
understanding beer? If we're lucky, we'll have a few advance copies to give
away -- and maybe we can talk Jesse into signing them.

We've reserved the top floor of ThirstyBear Brewing Company (Howard and
3rd Street in SOMA). We'll raise a glass, talk some shop, and flip through
Jesse's galleys.

October 9
UX/IA Cocktail Hour
Wednesday, Oct. 9 at 6PM
Cafe Mars - 798 Brannan St.

It's been a little while since we've had a cocktail hour, so let's get
together next month. Adaptive Path is hosting, though not at their offices,
but in a more... alcohol-imbued locale--Cafe Mars.

Peterme (aka The Bad Peter) will get things rolling by insisting upon some
ridiculous contention. After that it's cocktails with our peers, billiards,
and fried bar snacks.

Cafe Mars is located on the corner of Brannan and 7th streets in San
Francisco. There should be street parking by that time of the day. The
kitchen is open there and the drinks are reasonably priced. Be there
around 6ish. Stay tuned for topic and special guest.

--peter