[Sigia-l] Job opening (CA)

Thomas.Donehower at nethod-euro.com Thomas.Donehower at nethod-euro.com
Fri Sep 13 10:02:39 EDT 2002

I'm posting this on behalf of my friend at Overture. If you're looking for
a great person to work with, have an etreprenurial spirit and a real
passion for interactive product development, you should checkout the
position below.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL.  IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS
POSITION, PLEASE CONTACT:

Michelle Gordon at michelleg at overture.com
=========
Overture (Nasdaq:OVER), formerly known as GoTo, is the world leader in
Pay-For-Performance search on the Internet. The company created the market
for Pay-For-Performance search by redefining how businesses market online.
The company distributes its editorially reviewed search results to tens of
thousands of sites across the Internet, including MSN, Lycos and Yahoo!,
making it the largest Pay-For-Performance search and advertising network on
the Internet. Overture is based in Pasadena, California, with offices in
New York, San Francisco, the United Kingdom, Germany and Ireland. For more
information, please visit www.overture.com.

Senior Product Manager, Online Advertiser Products

Location: Pasadena

Job Description:
The Senior Product Manager of Online Advertiser Products will be
responsible for the identification, evaluation and prioritization of
product related opportunities that will provide more efficient and easier
to use tools to our online advertisers.  This person will lead the initial
business due diligence of prospective products, work with our technology
team to manage the product development process and oversee the product
launch to ensure that these products are meeting or exceeding our business
goals.

Skills/Qualifications:
* The Senior Product Manager will be a very proactive, entrepreneurial,
innovative and strategically oriented individual with extensive experience
in all stages of product management.
* This individual must demonstrate a strong customer focus for both our
external and internal customers.
* Online advertising experience strongly preferred.
* Excellent grasp of the strategic, competitive and economic dimensions of
Overture's business, particularly as they relate to the specific needs of
our advertisers and our internal customers.
* Proven experience managing complex projects to successful completion.
* Versed in all aspects of online product research including prototyping,
usability testing, concept testing and competitive analysis.
* Strong analytical skills evidenced by a proven ability to quantitatively
and qualitatively analyze product concepts, strategic opportunities and
competitive threats.
* Ability to navigate complex environments and work with interdisciplinary
teams, including technology, sales, marketing, editorial, finance and
business development and effectively communicate priorities, delivery
expectations, risks and concerns to senior management.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* 5 years product development experience in either Internet or software
company.
* MBA preferred.

Responsibilities:
* Identify and analyze new product opportunities that enhance our ability
to better serve the needs of our large online advertiser base.
* Perform business due diligence for new products identified as interesting
and viable in the near-to-medium term.
* For "approved" new products: analyze all aspects of costs and benefits,
work with business owners and technology and other teams to design, launch,
and manage the product development process.
* Work with other functional areas to gather intelligence on competitive
offerings and new industry trends and synthesize competitive findings and
ensure others are regularly briefed.
* Talk with and meet existing and prospective advertisers to further our
understanding of customer needs.

We offer an excellent benefits package that starts your first day on the
job.  This includes: a 401K Plan, Medical (HMO & PPO), Dental & Vision
benefits, 2 weeks paid vacation, 3 weeks after 2 years, 8 sick days, Short
& Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending
Account, Employee Assistance Program, Stock Option Plan and Employee Stock
Purchase Plan.  Employees enjoy a casual dress and fun team environment.

Please contact Michelle Gordon at michelleg at overture.com if you are
interested in the position.