[Sigia-l] a plea regarding the list archive & junkmail

Smith, Denise (Hewitt) denise.smith at idea.com
Thu Oct 31 14:46:40 EST 2002

The only real hope is if some of the anti-spam legislation makes it through,
which would make it illegal for these people to be distributing our
addresses without our express written consent.

Barring that, hopefully the development of better and better filters will at
least bar the worst of it. I certainly don't need daily reminders that I,
too, can be a millionaire courtesy of Nigeria, or that there IS hope and I
can get my *beep* enlarged. (the *beep* in question was not exactly standard
equipment on my model!)

Its very frustrating, but also frustrating on another end. From the IA/UXP
side, I have to make recommendations to clients who want to be able to email
their customers without being perceived as spam.

denise smith