[Sigia-l] LDAP & Information Architecture

Chan, Lisa chan_lisa at gsb.stanford.edu
Tue Oct 8 19:46:58 EDT 2002

Greetings!

I'm currently investigating the use of LDAP to manage information besides
people information(which is what LDAP is used often for).  Is there anyone
out there familiar with any projects that have used LDAP as a data model for
hierarchichal information.  The potential goal would be to map the people
information with other types of information using LDAP(refer to Peter
Morville's article on Social Network
Analysis:http://semanticstudios.com/publications/semantics/000006.php as a
description of the concept).  Known projects that we have found on the web:
Isaac Network and IMESH Toolkit.

Please email if you know of any similar projects or products.  If you have
questions about what I was trying to describe, feel free to email me.

Thanks,
Madonnalisa(ML) G. Chan
Metadata Services Manager, Information Technology
Stanford University Graduate School of Business
518 Memorial Way
Stanford, CA 94305-4825
650-736-1435  |  chan_lisa at gsb.stanford.edu