[Sigia-l] width limits for a body of text

Patrick Neeman pat at nexisinteractive.com
Wed Nov 20 19:06:01 EST 2002

I think the points made by listera were:
a) Most users can't even figure out how to change the monitor setting on the computer, much less tell us all of those settings.
b) While some users (like us) would rather have control over the computing environment, most of them certainly have enough trouble
figuring out how to browse the web.
c) And it's up to web developers, IAs, whatnot to serve up a presentation that is not only attractive, easy to use, but will work on
a multitude of different systems.

So deriving what should be a resonable line length is almost impossible, of course, unless you design for the least common
denominator (which, for most of us is 800 by 600).

But that's my opinion, I may be wrong.

P@