[Sigia-l] width limits for a body of text

George Olsen george.olsen at pobox.com
Wed Nov 20 15:10:44 EST 2002

Jon Hanna said:
> That said, making oneself comfortable is such a innate thing to do I'd
> be surprised if there weren't a large number of users who would resize a
> window to increase readability without even realising they did (assuming
> they had a large enough screen size to make that practical).

Based on my own usability testing experience (and just watching people in
the office), surprisingly few people adjust their browser windows to
improve readability.

Windows users in particularly are used to maximizing their application
windows. So while if you point out the issue, they'll become aware of it
and resize the window, typically most folks don't think to do it.

Your mileage may vary...