[Sigia-l] The Menace

karl fast karl.fast at pobox.com
Wed Nov 13 23:24:18 EST 2002

> Karl's suggestion that he's surprised by the negative reaction
> seems perfectly polite and expected to me. The comments above are
> mine and I have nothing to do with the organization other than the
> fact that I joined to support the cause. Heck, I'm not even an IA.

Well, rereading my response I don't think I can claim that I was
perfectly polite. This despite being Canadian <grin>.

I tried to respond with answers to specific concerns, and respond
with questions of my own. Derek raises some important questions.
However, his style left me a little shocked.

But as Christina notes, those on the AIfIA board and the leadership
council believe it's important that we speak as individuals. In
doing so we may mispeak. We probably will. But this is better than
the usual route of drafing an email, running it past the board, and
giving it an official stamp of approval.

--karl