[Sigia-l] Strategists (What do they do that IA's don't?)

Chung, Hedahne Hedahne.Chung at starwoodhotels.com
Tue Nov 12 16:36:11 EST 2002

My sense is that an IA's tools and deliverables are primarily qualitative in
nature and in application, whereas the focus and outputs of a strategist is
primarily quantitative in focus. However, there is clearly a place for the
integration of qualitative and qualitative information in understanding
whether or not the needs of the user are being met. Important information is
learned when I employ user scenarios, wireframes, usability testing
techniques, etc. to ensure that a proposed flow works, but I am just as
interested in information such as conversion rates, booking statistics,
revenue numbers and number of calls to customer service. For better or for
worse, this sort of information is often used as an IA proof of concept, and
from my perspective it's actually a somewhat exciting development.

Hedahne

This electronic message transmission contains information that may be
proprietary, confidential and/or privileged. The information is intended
only for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not
the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying or
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If
you have received this electronic transmission in error, please delete it
and any copies, and notify the sender immediately by replying to the address
listed in the "From:" field.