[Sigia-l] Official Launch of the AIfIA

Jeff Lash jeff at jefflash.com
Sun Nov 3 21:55:46 EST 2002

Well, Christina mentioned the soft launch last week:

--> http://www.info-arch.org/lists/sigia-l/0210/0250.html

I guess this makes this launch "hard" (pun intended).

I'm pleased to announce the formal, grand opening of the Asilomar Institute
for Information Architecture (AIfIA).

--> http://www.aifia.org/

The Asilomar Institute for Information Architecture (AIfIA) is a 501c6
non-profit volunteer organization dedicated to advancing and promoting
information architecture. We want to promote the practice and benefits of
IA, and teach and support its practitioners.

Since AIfIA is a new organization, our full scope of activities has yet to
be defined, but you can help. As a volunteer organization, we're relying on
your help to create resources, educational opportunities, promotional
materials and an infrastructure to help you learn more, be more productive,
and do your job better.

Help us help you.

How can you help?

Become a member:
--> http://www.aifia.org/signup/index.php

Find an Initiative that you want to help volunteer for:
--> http://www.aifia.org/pg/initiatives.php
--> http://aifia.org/contact/index.php?type=vol

Plan on attending our leadership seminar:
--> http://aifia.org/calendar/000053.php

Sign up for our newsletter:

Help promote AIfIA (and IA):
--> Post a link to http://www.aifia.org on your site
--> Pass the URL on to friends and colleagues
--> Discuss AIfIA on this or other mailing lists

We want to know what you think. Send us your feedback, suggestions, and
comments. Initiate discussion on this list. Get in touch with one of the
members of the Board of Directors or Leadership council and share your
thoughts. Post comments to your blog (or someone else's).

As Christina said, "If Richard Saul Wurman was the midwife of IA, if the
Argus Center for IA was Information Architecture's nanny, then AIfIA will be
her governess, helping IA to grow to a strong and healthy maturity. We hope
you'll join us in this effort."

Thank you to all of the people who have worked so hard to get us to this
point, and to all the people who will help us continue to progress from
here.

Your fellow Information Architects,
The Board Of Directors and Leadership Council of the AIfIA

Board Of Directors
- Christina Wodtke
- Victor Lombardi
- Peter Morville