[Sigia-l] IA and medium

Heller, David david.heller at documentum.com
Mon May 13 16:29:35 EDT 2002

 lets take this a step further.

Richard Saul Wurman is RSW and he coined the phrase Information Architect in
a very different way than most of use the term today. Information Anxiety 2,
is his current publication, so is "Understanding the USA".

His basic philosophy is that the ideal creative is the person who can write
content and do graphic design at the same time. For example the layout of
Info. Anxiety is done in such a way that paragraphs don't get spread across
page turns. I love it! but he also challenged writers and designers to
communicate to users, and not just for their own ego. He brought in the
concept of a person who uses what we do in print or web.

lastly he is also the organizer of the annual TED (Technology,
Entertainment, Design) conferences. It is an amazing event, beyond

-- Dave