[Sigia-l] IA and medium

Avi Rappoport analyst at searchtools.com
Mon May 13 15:09:31 EDT 2002

At 1:14 PM -0500 5/13/02, Lyle_Kantrovich at cargill.com wrote:
>I DO think that Information ARCHITECTS ARE medium specific.  Disagree?
>How many IA's here have worked in non-interactive media?  How about
>non-web or non-Internet media?  Show me evidence that IA's often apply
>their skills across media, and I'll admit my opinion is wrong.

Actually, many of the principals carry over to all sorts of media.  I
wrote some very long and complex technical manuals -- now I realize
that defining the content and organizing the documentation was very
much an IA task.

Avi
--
Search Server Industry Analysis from Search Tools Consulting
    (510) 845-2551  -- <mailto: analyst at searchtools.com>