[Sigia-l] RealNames no more

Ziya Oz ZiyaOz at earthlink.net
Sun May 12 01:20:51 EDT 2002

If you ever wanted a soap opera on the unlikely topic of Internet
architecture played out in public involving Microsoft chicanery, global
namespaces, search-against-keywords and people who never learn, may I point
your attention to a letter by CEO of RealNames, the company that gave
Microsoft the ability to resolve keywords entered into IE browser. Or as the
CEO says:

> The only naming technology in the world capable of allowing non-ASCII
> characters to be used as web addresses is being killed at birth - before it
> succeeds and becomes "out of control".

<http://www.teare.com/>

There's a lot there for anybody involved in web development, especially with
delusions about .NET.

Best,