[Sigia-l] IA Missions

tessa tessa7 at pacbell.net
Fri May 10 16:38:00 EDT 2002

 > Pay special attention to what they are asking for and tell
> them exactly how (not what) you propose to:
> 3) provide a seamless user experience
> 4) Increase "stickiness"
> 5) Track ROI
>
> (Have I mentioned yet how lame I think these are?)
>
> In general, make it more about the process than about
> what it looks like.

my two cents?

watch telling them HOW (specifications territory...) when the WHAT
(requirements territory) hasn't been nailed down (the 3 listed above are NOT
requirements, reqs fold directly into use cases). this is a dangerous way to
preset expectations without knowing what the tech, design or IA team will
decide are the best features/functions, etc. you may be asking for internal
turmoil.

otherwise you risk making it about what it looks like and NOT about the
process of your team.

also, if the BD person is making deals like this, make sure you know how
he/she has pitched the deal. it could be trouble from the beginning...is
this standard procedure at the company you work for or are clients yanking
the BD people's chains on a regular basis?