[Sigia-l] What are the essential skills for now and the later?

Jay Kumar melvink2 at myrealbox.com
Fri May 10 15:39:57 EDT 2002

Hello everyone,

First of all, sorry for the cross posting. I believe both lists are
interlinked and thus need the opinions of both list members. I would truly
appreciate you taking a few mins of your time to reply to my request. Thank
You.

My question is simply this:

Besides the core skill sets ( Usability testing, Interface design,
Information Architecture etc..), I would like to find out from the list
members, what other technology relates skills do you feel is necessary for
now and for near future...example ( XML, Understanding OO, Understanding
.Net Architecture , C#, Relational Database, SQL, Oracle, Photoshop,
Director, Flash etc..) Please specify why you feel that skill is important.

I would truly appreciate your response to this query. If there is a
distinction between the skills that the CHI people specify and the the IA
people specify , I would break them apart and summarize them and sent it to
the lists.

I hope everyone would response. Thank You.

Yours truly,

Jay Kumar