[Sigia-l] Birds Eye view of IA

Miyon Im mimslist at yahoo.com
Wed May 1 19:43:34 EDT 2002

Hi everyone.
I'm fresh out of college and a big "fan" of
information architecture, usability engineering, and
all things of interest to this list.
I've been invited to go back to an old class (a course
in Cognitive Engineering) and give a lecturette and
share my experiences with the "real world" with the
students.
While putting together a lesson plan, I've run into
the trouble of too many things to talk about and not
enough time.

To help me narrow it down, what do YOU feel are the
major issues and hot topics of today?  Of course just
"Defining the darned thing" is a HUGE concern in and
of itself, but I'd like specific trends and debates
that interest the members of this community in
particular.  (ie. use of conceptual models, IA vs?
design, user personas, etc.)

Please respond to me personally and if enough people
are interested to see this bird's eye view of the
field I will write up a summary.

Thanks in advance!

-miyon