[Sigia-l] System change - ADMIN

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Wed May 1 10:02:33 EDT 2002

If you have been having trouble posting, it may be because our system
people had set our mail exchange to insist on reverse look-up (that mean
only static IP addresses were acceptable).  That has been changed, so
problems some had should not be problems any longer.

Also, BY REQUEST of a subscriber,
* The email must be in plain text, not in HTML or in some other format that
is not accessible by all list members.
* The posting can have no attachments. This includes an HTML version of the
email, signatures included as MIME attachments, or other documents included
as additional information.
* Replies should not blindly quote an entire post.  You need to edit the
original post to only quote relevant pieces and put your comments in
context. Copyrighted material should not be posted to the list. In general,
long articles should be referenced by URL, rather than copying large
portions into an email.

The above "rules" are lightly edited from CHI-WEB, which is a moderated
list.  SIGIA-L must depend on your acceptance of and adherence to these
common sense "rules."

Dick Hill

Executive Director
American Society for Information Science and Technology
1320 Fenwick Lane, Suite 510
Silver Spring, MD  20910
FAX: (301) 495-0810
PHONE: (301) 495-0900