[Sigia-l] Elements of Documentation

PeterV peter at poorbuthappy.com
Sun Jun 30 04:37:05 EDT 2002

At 11:17 AM 6/29/2002 -0600, Donna Marie Fritzsche wrote:
>  Actually, the task-strategy might be the dominant design force.

Yes, that sounds right.

About dynamic messages, I once designed a help system where each form
element had a help button with no content or minimal content in it (asking
programmers to create the help button was easy, asking them to create the
content wasn't). Clicking on help would popup a window with the help text
for that form field *editable right there*. Then, when testing the system
internally, we had someone go through the entire system and write nice help
messages. Even better, we left the editing messages in, and the client
themselves started adding help messages. Basically, add-a-note
functionality. Worked well. I also like the idea of structured dealing with
error and other messages.
PeterV