[Sigia-l] Form Usability - Search & Cancel location

Avi Rappoport analyst at searchtools.com
Wed Jun 26 14:07:26 EDT 2002

At 8:30 PM +1000 6/26/02, Antony & Donna Maurer wrote:
>  don't ask me why the search form has 'clear text' and 'undo'.
>I've recommended they both be removed as no-one used 'clear text' and
>everyone wondered out loud about 'undo'.

I hadn't even noticed, but it's clearly a convention, and even a Best
Practice, to just have a Search button in search forms these days.
Those stupid reset buttons have quietly gone away, good riddance, too!

Avi

--
Search Server Industry Analysis from Search Tools Consulting
    (510) 845-2551  -- <mailto: analyst at searchtools.com>