[Sigia-l] Form Usability - Search & Cancel location

Joe 10 Enterprises joe at joe10.com
Tue Jun 25 15:23:26 EDT 2002

Hmmm, truth be told I was referring to Mac UI, with the "Save" btn to
the right of the "Cancel" btn. (in the case of "Save As..." anyway.

The windows stacked approach is interesting... but I can never get
over its apparent associating the "Save" btn with "File Name" and the
"Cancel" btn with "Save as type".

TabOrder and adherence to guidelines should help. People do have to
take some responsibility for reading what they click. There's no
application in the world which insulates the user from not saving
changes... Is there one of us who hasn't hit Command-S when we were
desperately reaching for Command-Z :)

Yes, the Mac published "UI style guide" is mandatory read (or at
least look at the pictures).

/Joe

Joe Tennis
Information Design Honcho
Joe 10 Enterprises
2430 5th Street
Studio L
Berkeley, CA 94710
510-649-1744
joe at joe10.com
http://www.joe10.com
Usability Consulting | Information Architecture | Interface Design
for Web, Wireless and Interactive Media