[Sigia-l] Fed: from Daniel Lee

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Mon Jun 24 10:08:41 EDT 2002

[Forwarded for Daniel Lee.  Dick Hill]

"Eric Scheid" wrote:
  > What are the recommendations for software which will crawl the site and
  > produce a list of all pages and all links on those pages?

I have used Xenu's Link Sleuth to crawl sites a number of times.  It offers
the following:

    Simple, no-frills user-interface
    Can re-check broken links (useful for temporary network errors)
    Simple report format, can also be e-mailed
    Executable file less than 500K
    Supports SSL websites ("https:// ")
    Partial testing of ftp and gopher sites
    Detects and reports redirected URLs
    Site Map

It's a great little tool and it's free.

http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html

Best of luck!

Daniel
Daniel P. Lee, MLIS
Internet Content Coordinator
Canadian Information Processing Society - CIPS
Phone: (905) 602-1370
Fax: (905) 602-7884
Email: dlee at cips.ca
http://www.cips.ca

Executive Director
American Society for Information Science and Technology
1320 Fenwick Lane, Suite 510
Silver Spring, MD  20910
FAX: (301) 495-0810
PHONE: (301) 495-0900