[Sigia-l] Bread crumb navigation path

Christer Clerwall christer.clerwall at kau.se
Mon Jun 10 03:40:04 EDT 2002

Hi all

I have a small and I guess technical question.

When working with user navigation one way to make the users
feel 'in control' is to use a navigation path (bread crumb) which
tells them their current possition on the site and where they are
coming from. My question is this:

Can someone on the list give me some information on how those
bread crumb paths are created. Of course I know that I could put
it in statically on every page on the site - but I want to do it
dynamically. For exampel, say that I want to show the three
last links (clickable) and the current node/possition (not clickable).
Can this be done with JavaScript or do I have to use some kind
of server programming like PHP or ASP?

As allways greatful for new knowledge
/Christer

Christer Clerwall