[Sigia-l] unemployed?

Andrew Hinton ahinton at symetri.com
Sat Jun 1 15:37:06 EDT 2002

Hm. Too bad he doesn't run MT or the like, or I'm sure we'd give him plenty
of comments.  But, wait, a discussion area intelligently integrated into a
blog? That's the sort of crap these Information Architects come up with
ain't it?

I'd write him an email about it, but then all he'd say is I'm another
pencil-necked, whiney IA who wishes he were a designer.

What the hell prompted a comment like that anyway? Does he have some special
beef with IA's? I never got the impression that he understood what we do at
all, but did somebody especially piss him off? Or is he just being the
typically socially inadequate computer geek, making a bad joke?

Of course, it could be worse... He could be comparing information
architecture with telemarketing. Oh...wait...he's done that:
http://www.zeldman.com/creativity/telemarketer.html

Ok. I'm done with the little rant. JZ is actually a quite decent human
being, not that I know him but from some earlier things he's written it's
apparent. But I'm still puzzled, and I wish he'd get behind us instead of
saying crap like that, since when we do our job right and he does his right,
we make his job much easier and his clients much happier.

--
:: s y m e t r i ::
andrew.hinton ÷ information.architecture ÷ ahinton at symetri.com